KludeIn I Acquisition Corp. (INKA) Shareholders Approve Near Deal
KludeIn I (NASDAQ:INKA) announced this afternoon that its shareholders have approved its combination with data intelligence platform Near.
Holders of 4,543,306 shares of KludeIn’s common stock were present at yesterday’s special meeting. The deal was overwhelmingly approved as holders of 4,519,430 shares voted in favor of the transaction, and just 23,866 shares voted against it.
The parties did not disclose redemption amounts, but noted that the deal is expected to close tomorrow, March 22. Following the consummation of the business combination, the common stock and warrants of the company, which will then be named Near Intelligence Holdings, Inc., are expected to begin trading on Nasdaq under the symbols “NIR” and “NIRW,” respectively, on Thursday, March 23.
KludeIn I announced its $754 million deal with Near in May 2022. Pasadena, CA-based Near helps businesses better understand consumer behavior to unlock growth strategies through data intelligence solutions.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP is serving as legal advisor to Near.
- Cantor Fitzgerald & Co. is serving as capital markets advisor to KludeIn
- Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP is serving as legal advisor to KludeIn.
- DLA Piper LLP (US) is serving as legal advisor to Cantor.
- King and Spalding LLP acted as legal counsel to CF Principal Investments LLC in connection with the CEF Facility.