Health Sciences Acquisitions Corporation 2 (HSAQ) Closes Orchestra BioMed Deal
Health Sciences 2 (NASDAQ:HSAQ) announced that it closed its combination with Orchestra BioMed on January 26.
HSAQ ahead of its vote pre-announced redemption figures of 1,597,888 shares equating to 67.7% redemptions, however, that’s still subject to change. However, today it was noted that Orchestra BioMed is to receive $70 million in gross proceeds including $20 million from strategic partner Medtronic and additional investments by life sciences fund RTW.
Health Sciences 2 had about $67.7 million in its trust going into the vote after seeing 57.7% of shares redeemed in an earlier extension. Proceeds nonetheless exceeded the the transaction’s $60 million minimum cash condition.
The combined company will commence trading today on the Nasdaq under the symbol “OBIO”. Health Sciences 2 did not include warrants in its units when it IPO’d in August 2020.
The parties announced their $158 million deal with Orchestra BioMed in July 2022. New Hope, Pennsylvania-based Orchestra BioMed develops evidence-based therapeutic solutions for medical procedures that address major medical conditions, with a particular focus on cardiovascular diseases.
- Jefferies LLC and Piper Sandler & Co. acted as Joint Lead Placement Agents for the Series D Financing
- Aegis Capital acted as Selling Agent.
- Jefferies LLC is acting as lead financial advisor and a capital markets advisor to Orchestra BioMed.
- Piper Sandler & Co. is acting as strategic advisor to Orchestra BioMed
- Piper Sandler & Co. is acting as a capital markets advisor to Orchestra BioMed.
- Chardan Capital Markets LLC is serving as financial and capital markets advisor to HSAC2
- Barclays Capital Inc. is serving as financial and capital markets advisor to HSAC2.
- Paul Hastings LLP is serving as legal counsel for Orchestra BioMed. Loeb & Loeb LLP is serving as legal counsel for HSAC2.